IT hiring improves with 38,100 IT jobs added
Not enough to consider a recovery has started -- there has been a loss of 6,900 IT related jobs in the last 3 months
Janco reports that the IT job picture has improved slightly. The CEO of Janco, Victor Janulaitis said, “38,100 jobs were added in IT with the bright spot being computer system design and related services. ” Janulaitis also said, “According to the BLS data there was a recovery in telecommunications job market with 30,300 jobs recovered of the 54,600 lost in August, computer system design and related services added 6,800 jobs, Other Information services added 1,400 jobs while Data Processing and hosting services lost 400 jobs. The net result was that IT accounted for 36.9% of the 103,000 jobs that were added in the total US job market. " He added, “Still for the last three months, there has been a loss of 6,900 jobs. ”
Janulaitis added, “The Labor Department report of 103,000 jobs in September - and 38,100 in the Information Technology sector is lower than the 130,000 needed for the US economy to stay even with adult population growth. ” Janco feels the IT job market will not show meaning full growth until the 2nd quarter of 2012.
IT Job Market Employment Gains
There has been a slight increase in the overall employment of IT professionals. For the last few months the number of individuals employed in IT has increased (seasonally adjusted) 54,200 in the last 12 months while still showing a loss of 6,900 jobs in the last 3 months.
Health Care vs. Financial Services Job Growth
Overall Historic IT Job Market
Versions of the IT Resource Hiring Kit
IT Hiring Kit - Standard Edition
- Latest IT Salary Survey - The salary survey draws on data collected throughout the year via extensive Internet-based survey instruments and completed survey forms from businesses throughout the United States and Canada. The survey data reflects IT salaries in 78 major cities in the United States as well as 23 cities in Canada. Summary data is provided in both the PDF document and a separate Excel Spreadsheet.
- Salary Survey Job Descriptions (PDF) The job descriptions are provided as a 206 page indexed PDF document for all of the positions surveyed. The PDF file can be viewed and printed.
- Interview and Hiring Guide (WORD and PDF) Includes two electronic forms (Background Check Authorization and Interview Questionnaire) and three full HR job descriptions (Manager Human Resources, Human Resources Specialist, and Human Resources Generalist).
IT Hiring Kit - Silver Edition
- IT Hiring Kit - Standard Edition
- Salary Survey Job Descriptions (Word) The IT job descriptions are provided as 73 individual word files using long file names.
IT Hiring Kit - Gold Edition
- IT Hiring Kit - Silver Edition
- Internet and IT Job Descriptions (Word and eReader) The 324 Job Descriptions have been extracted from Janco's Internet IT and Position Descriptions HandiGuide™. Each job description has a copyright date of . Includes all of the positions in the IT Salary Survey.
IT Hiring Kit - Platinum Edition
- IT Hiring Kit - Silver Edition
- Internet and IT Positions Description HandiGuide™(PDF) The Internet and IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide™ over 900 plus pages; which includes sample organization charts, a job progression matrix, and 324 Job descriptions. The book also addresses Fair Labor Standards and the ADA. Also included are tools to help you expand, evaluate and define your enterprise's unique additional required. Those tools include:
- Job Evaluation Questionnaire
- Position Description Questionnaire
- Job Progression Matrix (Job Family Classifications)
- Candidate Interview Control Log
Read on IT Hiring Kit Order IT Hiring Kit