New jobs have been created in IT and are now in high demand
By David Weldon
New IT jobs are being defined every day - CIOs say they will increase IT hiring and salaries this year. But the emergence of several IT management and professional level positions will make the job of determining proper experiences--and affixing competitive salaries--very challenging.
Janco Associates has identified several emerging IT job roles that have especially promising futures. The job descriptions appear in its new Internet & Information Technology Position Description HandiGuide.
"The management and direction of technology are no longer based within an ivory tower operation," Janulaitis said. "Today, technology is ubiquitous with organizational strategies and operations. For example, the demand for someone to manage the rapidly changing digital sector in business is often beyond the scope and capabilities of the CIO. Thus, a new business role is created: the chief digital officer. "
Here are some of the new IT management and professional level job roles that CIOs may find themselves hiring for this year:
- Chief digital officer--The CDO converts analog operations to digital ones. They are expected to have a major influence on an organization's mobility, social media, virtual goods and web-based information management and marketing strategies.
- Chief mobile officer--The CMO oversees the direction of all mobile operations. This includes IT applications, voice and data communications and computing services.
- Manager of vendor management--This person is primary liaison between IT and suppliers of hardware, software and services. They also provide purchasing guidance for the IT department.
- Voice and web content manager--This manager is responsible for the organization's online strategy. They are involved with writing, editing and proofreading site content and work closely with the tech team to maintain site standards.
- ERP project manager--This project manager is responsible for database systems, transaction processing and other ERP matters. This includes transaction processing security, resources monitoring and reporting, and software issues.
- BYOD support supervisor--This person is in charge of the overall coordination, control and maintenance of personal mobile devices in the company--both employer-supplied and employee provided--to ensure compatibility and integration with enterprise strategies.
- Cloud computing architect--This person provides technical leadership and direction for virtualized architectural projects and works through the prioritization process with appropriate groups.
- Metrics manager--This person focuses on the development of digital analytics capabilities and best practices.
- IT infrastructure director--This person ensures that all infrastructure components are working properly, and is responsibility for policies, controls and the use of data and applications.
- Audio-visual technician--This revised role is expected to operate, schedule and maintain audio-visual services, including the AV aspects of a company's websites and blogs.
You can get the job descriptions and HandiGuide™ in PDF and/or MS WORD .docx formats.
HandiGuide & IT Job Descriptions - PDF format
The Internet and IT Job Descriptions comes in PDF format The PDF book is over 900 plus pages in length and contains 312 Job Descriptions in addition to a Job Progression Matrix Template, Employee Termination Checklist (Electronic Form), Job Evaluation Questionnaire, and Position Description Questionnaire.
Includes positions from CIO, CSO and CTO to Wireless and Metrics Mangers. All of the positions in the book have been created to reflect the technology world of . pdf file can be printed and viewed only.
IT Job Descriptions - MS WORD format - Bonus eReader version
312 Internet and IT Job Descriptions as individual files in MS WORD and ePub formats. Long file names have been used to make customization easier. The eReader versions are fully indexed, searchable and work on Kindles, iPads, Android Tablets, and SmartPhones.
Each job description is between two (2) to six (6) pages in length and has been created utilizing CSS style sheets. As such they are "out of the box" ready to use with little or no modification other than organization specific customization.
HandiGuide & IT Job Descriptions - pdf, ePub, and MS WORD formats
The Internet and IT Job Descriptions HandiGuide comes in PDF format and job descriptions as separate MS WORD and ePub files. The PDF book is over 900 plus pages in length and contains 312 Job Descriptions in addition to a Job Progression Matrix Template, Employee Termination Checklist (Electronic Form), Job Evaluation Questionnaire, and Position Description Questionnaire. There is one word file for each job description (MS WORD format). Long file names have been used to make customization easier.
The Handiguide and job descriptions meet all mandated requirements and are all focused on achieving best practices followed by successful IT organizations in world class enterprises from around the world.
Update Service & Custom Position Job Descriptions
This service provides you with updates to each of the products listed below for a period of 12 to 24 months from the date of the purchase of the service. In addition, you may be entitled to some custom job descriptions based on the product ordered. To qualify you have to complete the Position Description Questionnaire (which we will provide to you via email upon your request). It typically will take 5 working days to provide you with the completed job description.