Internet and Information Technology Job Descriptions HandiGuide™ Released
Electronic document contains job descriptions and sample organization charts
Internet and Information Technology Job Descriptions HandiGuide™ Released - Janco Associates has just completed its 25th annual update of its Internet and Information Technology Position Description HandiGuide™. This is part of Janco's continuing effort to create a set of standard 'BestPractices' processes and documentation that CIOs can use to better manage the technology function in their enterprises.
The CEO of Janco, Victor Janulaitis said, "We published the first version of this HandiGuide™ in 1989 with only 98 job descriptions. As technology has advanced we have added over 165 job titles and continually updated them to meet the ever changing technology landscape. Most recently we add position descriptions for the Chief Mobility Officer to deal with the advance of mobile computing; Manager Vendor Management as more services are contracted for on the outside; and KPI Analyst to address the needs of showing the value of technology in business terms. "
The document is distributed in electronic format - both PDF and editable MS WORD. Included within the HandiGuide are tools to help expand, evaluate and define an enterprise's unique IT Human Resource requirements. . Those tools include:
- Security - Employee Termination Checklist (Electronic Form)
- Performance Evaluation - Job Evaluation Questionnaire
- Unique Position Definition - Position Description Questionnaire
- Promotion Assistance - Job Progression Matrix (Job Family Classifications)
- Meeting Mandated Requirements - Sexual Harassment and other key employment issues
- Recruit Assistance and Meeting Mandated Requirements - Best Practices for resume screening
- HR Skills for IT Professionals - Best Practices for phone screening
The 320 positions include all of the functions within the IT group. The Job Descriptions have been updated to be compliant with PCI-DSS, Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, CobiT, and the ITIL standards. The job descriptions are all structured to focus on "Best Practices" as defined by the IT Productivity Center to meet the requirements of World Class Enterprises.
More information on this offering, including a full copy of the table of contents can be obtained by following the links
- HandiGuide™ - https://www.e-janco.com/it-job-descriptions.htm
A sample job description can be found at https://www.e-janco.com/Job_Sample.htm