IT Job Market Forecast for 2018 will grow by 84K
IT Job market will grow by 84K new jobs in 2018 after a sluggish 2017
Actual growth for 2018 was 104,600 new IT jobs created
- Multiple Hurricanes
- Major fires in Northern and Southern California
- Political uncertainty as to wither tax reform would be passed by the U.S. Congress
Natural disaster have a short term negative impact on IT job market growth but recover within 30 to 90 days. On the other hand, political uncertainty has a much more lasting negative impact. In our opinion that was the primary driver for the sluggish growth of the IT job market in 2018.
With the passage of the Tax Reform bill, trillions of dollars will be repatriated and be invested in the U.S economy. That will result in the need for more a better technology infrastructure - meaning more new jobs.
Based on budgets and plans for 2018 made by enterprises operating in the U.S. we see that there will be major development efforts places in several areas:
- Blockchain applications making seamless transaction processing
- Big Data applications that will focus on customized sales, marketing and service programs
- Digital and Social marketing that will focus on the next population wave - the Millennials.
- IoT applications that will become even more pervasive as more device types and applications are implemented.
- Security and reputation protection will be addressed in a more robust fashion. CIOs and CSOs know that their careers depend on protection from cyberattacks and meeting mandated compliance requirements.
Janco forecasts that IT job market growth in 2018 of back in the range of 80K to 100K net new IT jobs because of these factors.
Growth of IT Job Market (updated)
As a result of Covid-19, 33,200 IT jobs were lost in 2020. In 2021 213,100 jobs were added to the IT Job Market - Recovery Continues in spite of inflation and high energy costs
Data complied and forecast updated by Janco Associates with data as of October 2022
Key to finding the right new staff will be a clear and concise definition of roles and responsibilities of individuals involved in these new area. To meet this objective Janco has just released its 2018 Internet and IT Position Description HandiGuide.
There now are 320 full job descriptions the cover the full range of functions with the Internet and IT realm.
All of our products are distributed electronically in industry standard formats of PDF and MS WORD.
HandiGuide & IT Job Descriptions - PDF format
The Internet and IT Job Descriptions comes in PDF format The PDF book is over 900 plus pages in length and contains 320 Job Descriptions in addition to a Job Progression Matrix Template, Employee Termination Checklist (Electronic Form), Job Evaluation Questionnaire, and Position Description Questionnaire.
Includes positions from CIO, CSO and CTO to Wireless and Metrics Mangers. All of the positions in the book have been created to reflect the technology world of . pdf file can be printed and viewed only.
IT Job Descriptions - MS WORD format - Bonus eReader version
320 Internet and IT Job Descriptions as individual files in MS WORD and ePub formats. Long file names have been used to make customization easier. The eReader versions are fully indexed, searchable and work on Kindles, iPads, Android Tablets, and SmartPhones.
Each job description is between two (2) to six (6) pages in length and has been created utilizing CSS style sheets. As such they are "out of the box" ready to use with little or no modification other than organization specific customization.
HandiGuide & IT Job Descriptions - pdf, ePub, and MS WORD formats
The Internet and IT Job Descriptions HandiGuide comes in PDF format and job descriptions as separate MS WORD and ePub files. The PDF book is over 900 plus pages in length and contains 320 Job Descriptions in addition to a Job Progression Matrix Template, Employee Termination Checklist (Electronic Form), Job Evaluation Questionnaire, and Position Description Questionnaire. There is one word file for each job description (MS WORD format). Long file names have been used to make customization easier.
The Handiguide and job descriptions meet all mandated requirements and are all focused on achieving best practices followed by successful IT organizations in world class enterprises from around the world.
HandiGuide, all Position Descriptions, and 24 months of Updates
The complete set of all position descriptions, HandiGuide, custom position descriptions, and 24 months of update service. With this purchase you get:
- Internet and Information Technology Position Descriptions distributed electronically as a PDF
- 320 position descriptions in MS WORD and ePub formats
- 24 months of update service
- 5 CUSTOM job descriptions - you will need to complete the Position Description Questionnaire provided as an electronic form and then submit them to Janco electronically at any time during the update period.