Mobile Device Access and Use Policy Template Updated
As workers move to improve their own personal productivity they can and do place corporate sensitive and confidential data at risk
Park City, UT - With the release of iOS5 for the iPhone and iPad Janco has updated its Mobile device access and use policy template to meet these new added requirements. The CEO of Janco Associates, Victor Janulaitis said, "With more business employees moving towards tablet computer, and the iPad in particular, CIOs are now faced with the added support and security requirements posed by these devices. " He also said, "With the increased use of e-mail, SmartPhones, and tablets more records are generated and stored away from a single source and need to be secured and managed. "
As workers move to improve their own personal productivity they can and do place corporate sensitive and confidential data at risk. The CEO added, "To add to this confusion, cloud storage via solution like iCloud are now repositories for sensitive corporate and customer data. Rules need to be put in place so that everyone is protected. " The policy template provides a framework that any organization can follow with specific rules of what acceptable access and use is. In addition the template provides specific requirements of what and where data can be stored so that it can be recovered in the event of a disaster.
Janulaitis said, "Companies need to have a written policy devoted to mobile device usage. " The Janco template contains: a definition of the purpose of the policy; who is affected by this policy; what type of records, data and electronic systems are covered; defines key terms especially legal and technical terminology; outlines the procedures for ensuring records are properly retained; outlines the procedures for ensuring records are properly destroyed; defines the litigation exception processes and how to respond to discovery requests; lists the responsibilities of those involved in record retention activities; forms that help companies build customized tables showing the information type and its corresponding retention period; document the specific duties of a record retention team; and a job description for a Manager of Record Administration.
Mobile Device Access and Use Policy Template - This policy is 14 pages in length. It contains everything that an enterprise needs to implement a functioning and compliant mobile device and use process. Included are forms defining the mobile device environment.
The policies have just been updated to comply with all mandated requirements and include electronic forms that can be Emailed, filled out completely on the computer, routed and stored electronically -- a total solution.
We have just completed a major update of all the individual polices and all of the electronic forms.
- CIO IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle (All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable)
- Backup and Backup Retention Policy
- Blog and Personal Web Site Policy (Includes electronic Blog Compliance Agreement Form)
- BYOD Policy Template (Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Google Glass Policy (Includes Google Glass Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Incident Communication Plan Policy (Updated to include pandemic considerations and social networks as a communication path)
- Internet, e-mail, Social Networking, Mobile Device, Electronic Communications, and Record Retention Policy(Includes 5 electronic forms to aid in the quick deployment of this policy)
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy
- Patch Management Policy
- Outsourcing and Cloud Based File Sharing Policy
- Physical and Virtual Server Security Policy
- Privacy Compliance Policy - California Privacy Act
- Record Classification, Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy
- Safety Program (Includes mandated OSHA electronic forms)
- Sensitive Information Policy (CCPA, GDPR & HIPAA Compliant and includes electronic Sensitive Information Policy Compliance Agreement Form)
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Policy Template with KPI Metrics
- Social Networking Policy (includes electronic form)
- Technology Acquisition Policy
- Text Messaging Sensitive and Confidential Information (includes electronic form)
- Travel, Electronic Meeting, and Off-Site Meeting Policy
- Wearable Device Policy
- WFH & Telecommuting Policy (includes 8 electronic forms to effectively manage work at home staff)
- IT Infrastructure Electronic Forms