News for the Disaster Plan Template
The Disaster Plan Template News feed is an XML news feed that you can subscribe to and re-publish on your web site or blog. The only requirement that you need to meet is that the feed is included with no modifications and that the links within the feed are retained as is.
If you wish to subscribe to this news feed the option that you have is:
- Disaster Plan Template News Feed
- Bringing along a recovery nteam team battle box containing all the required documents, stationery, log sheets and equipment;
- Setting up the room;
- Setting out role cards in a set order;
- Preparing incident boards;
- Setting up and/or testing telephones and laptops if they are being used; and
- Setting up and testing the Wi-Fi and internet connectivity.
- Failure to identify every potential event that can jeopardize the infrastructure and data that your enterprise depends
- Failure to cross-train personnel in disaster recovery and business continuity
- Failure to create a communication processes which will work when your communication infrastructure is lost
- Failure to have adequate backup power
- Failure to know which resources need to be restored first
- Failure to have adequate physical documentation of your Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plan
- Failure to validate the adequacy of your back ups
- Failure to test your Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plan
- Failure to have passwords available to the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity team
- Failure to keep your Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plan up to date
- Analyze single points of failure
- Keep Updated notification trees
- Be aware of current events
- Plan for worst-case scenarios
- Clearly document recovery processes
- Centralize information
- Create test plans and scripts
- Retest regularly
- Perform comprehensive recovery and business continuity test
- Define metrics and create score cards
First steps when a disaster or ransomware attack occurs
Ransomware and DR/BC Process Infrastructure
The recoverty support team, as soon as a DR/BC or ransomware event is declared, should have at least one individual go to the recovery management room and ensure that it is ready.
Have several copies, of the recovery plan accessible - either electronic or physical printed copy;
Backup Best Practices White Paper
Backup Best Practices White Paper Updated
Managing backup and recovery in today's environment is a multi-dimensional challenge with both near and long term business requirements. Recent technological developments in disk backup have had a positive impact on short term data retention requirements. Best Best Practices White Paper has just been updated to include implications of Artificial Intelligence and omni commerce.
IT organizations of all sizes contend with a growing data footprint with more data to manage, protect, and preserve for longer periods of time. Online primary storage, has focus a on fast low latency, reliable access to data while near-line secondary storage has a focus on low cost and high capacity.
Long-term data retention requires a combination of ultra-low cost, good performance during storage and retrieval, and reduced footprint in terms of power, cooling, floor-space and economics - also known as a small green footprint - for inactive data.
Disaster Recovery Business Continuity
Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Common Mistakes
Most common mistakes made in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning are eliminated by implementing the Janco Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Template. Problems that are avoided are:
Baseline for best practices defined
Ten Commandments of Disaster and Business Continuity Management
Administrators need tools and platforms that can help them plan, design, and implement disaster recovery strategies that can meet those needs.
Job Description - 324 IT, DRP, BCP, and IT Pros
Job Descriptions 2023 Edition for DRP, BCP, and IT
Internet and IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide was completed in 2023 and is over 900 plus pages; which includes sample organization charts, a job progression matrix, and 324 Internet and IT job descriptions. The book addresses all mandated requirements, including the ADA, and is in an easy to use format. If you have ordered this in the past look at the version history to see the changes we have made and consider ordering the update service.