How to Guide for Cloud Processing and Outsourcing
Cloud computing and Outsourcing prompt CIOs and IT organizations to rethink what priorities are
The burden of legacy systems is just one challenge that adds to the complexity of cloud computing and outsourcing for enterprises of all sizes. CIOs and IT Managers wrestle with many other common challenges, including security, vendor lock-in, and shadow IT.
Although some skeptics worry about security and risk in the cloud and outsourcing, With Janco's "How to Guide for Cloud Processing and Outsourcing" those issues are minimized because the guide helps in every step of the process. Remember the infamous breach at retailers Target and Home Depot were due to internal system issues. Security problems arise from how you're managing, not where it is.
The electronic document includes:
- Cloud Outsourcing Management Standard Overview of outsourcing, Service Level Agreements and responsibilities
- Cloud Outsourcing Policy Standard Policy that can be used to determine when outsourcing is an option
- Cloud Outsourcing Approval Standard Process which can be used in approving an outsourcing agreement. Includes a process flow chart on steps to a successful outsourcing agreement
- Sample Service Level Agreement Includes several sample service level agreements
- Service Level Agreement Metrics Definition of over 150 metrics presented in 18 tables that can be used to manage an outsourcing vendor
- Outline for Contract Negotiation Over 17 pages which issues to be addressed including service to be provided, service level requirements, term of the agreement, enterprise's facilities, enterprise's equipment (owned/leased), intellectual property, third party service providers, IT application project (current / future), responsibilities, training and conversion to mention a few
- Base Case Development Detail listing of factors to include
- Mutual Non-Disclosure Template that can be used to create an enterprise's own document for use with outsourcing vendors.
- Job Description for Manager Cloud Applications
- Job Description for Cloud computing Architect
- Business & IT Impact Questionnaire - Inventory and assess all application - addresses Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance issues.
- ISO 27001 & 27002 Security Process Audit Checklist
CIO's Infrastructure Strategy for World Class Organizations
Janco's Infrastructure Strategy is a map to achieve world class status for an organizations
Implement Proven Techniques for Success
With the current volatility and rapidly changing technological solutions and increasing mandat
ed compliance requirements now is the time to be in step with the way that industry leaders operate.
IT Infrastructure management supports operational functions such as system management, change control, release management, network management, applications management, job management, and database management. Across these functions, IT Infrastructure management provides a number of benefits that can provide cost savings, improved service levels, and operational efficiencies.
The template covers everything from the basics to the organizational inter-relationships. Included in the template are:
- Statement of Authority - Includes not only CIOs but also an IT Management Council (Steering Committee) and functional group leaders.
- IT Management Structure - Organizational approaches, roles and responsibilities for both centralized and de-centralitized organizations.
- Compliance - Objectives and responsibilities for IT, users, and auditors
- Personnel Practices - Everything in the employment start to termination
- ERP and Omni Commerce - Strategy and best practices defined
- Controls - Definition of types and risk analysis
- Application Development Standards - Includes quality assurance requirements
- Backup and Recovery - Strategy and process alternatives
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity - Includes critical function analysis
- Security - Road map to how and what including appropriate management actions
- Access Control - Including separation of duties and definition of least privilege
- Server and Data Center Facility Requirements - Best practices to protect the physical assets
- Technical Guides including: Audit Program; ISO Audit Checklist; CIO job description; Security Management Compliance Checklist; and much more.