Post Pandemic IT Management Tool Kit
CIO management concerns are constantly changing but the solutions are always centered around three factors: technology, infrastructure and people
This tool kit has been updated to reflect changes to the IT Infrastructure caused by the Pandemic - including WFH and Cloud processing. It meets all of the EU's GDPR mandated requirements and reflects all of the requirements of the California Privacy Act. It contains a Privacy Compliance Policy with its associated electronic forms and job descriptions. The combined length of all the components of tool kit is over 2,100 pages.
CIOs and CTOs are in a constantly evolving field, however world class CIOs and CTOs focus on three areas to help them manage more effectively. They are:
This toolkit bundle is a collection of the latest CIO's tools which have proven to be the most productive.
The CIO Management Tool Kit components are over 2,100 pages in length is provided in MS WORD and PDF formats and includes the following:
- Security Manual Template
- How to Guide for Cloud Processing and Outsourcing
- IT Job Family Classification HandiGuide
- 320 Job Descriptions - From CIO to Blockchain developer
- Interview and Hiring Guide
- Latest IT Salary Survey
- IT Governance Policy Bundle plus Electronic Forms
- Business and IT Impact Questionnaire
- Vulnerability and Threat Assessment Tool
Top CIO Management and Planning Priorities
In a recent survey of CIO and C-Level executives Janco identified the top 10 management and planning priorities that CIOs face and they relate to the three areas mentioned above.
Top 10 CIO Management and Planning Priorities
Change from what was originally published - Updated to the latest data
Survey conducted by Janco Associates, Inc. identified the the management and planning priorities that CIOs and CFOs have. CIOs and CFOs were asked to list and rank their top 5 management and planning priorities. 142 companies participated in the survey and included both large and mid-sized companies that had at least 150 professionals under their direct control. Most recent discusion of this can be found on the site. Use the search option to find topics.
Top CIO Management and Planning Priorities
The top 10 concerns are the areas of focus for CIO and enterprises:
- Access Management - Network management and control now have an even greater role than before. In January, 69% of the individual interviewed placed that in the top ten. Now it is priority for 89%.
- Work From Home - Was not even on the radar in January at 7% (not a high priority) and now 87% place it in the top 10.
- Mobile Computing - Mobile and end user computing require applications to be outward facing, functional on a myriad of devices, and user friendly for WFH staffers. Now is a priority for 85% of the interviewees versus 76% in January.
- Blockchain, ERP, and Cloud - Moved down the priority list from 85% to 75% .
- Social Media Impact - remained about the same with 75% to 78%
- Security and Hacking - Internal and external threats are on the increase, especially as enterprises continue to increase the growth of mobile and wireless based applications. In both periods surveyed this was a top ten priority by 73% of the individuals interviewed.
- Staffing - That was the top priority in January at 95% saying it was a priority to 63% saying that it was something that needs to be focused on. A number of the CFOs in the survey noted that they may need to let some non-critical IT professionals go if the re-opening of the US market is slow.
- Skills for New Technologies - Along with staffing this now is a lower priority. The focus has shifted from new technologies except in the areas associated with the remote workforce.
- Risk Management - Remains in about the same position in priority as before.
- Data Privacy - With the rise of WFH, GDPR and CCPA data privacy is a top ten priority for 53% of the interviewees versus 42% in January.
- ROI on New Technology - Still important but has dropped out of the top 10 priority list with the emphasis on staying in business.
Janco has created a kit that contains tools which help an enterprise more easily manage each of the CIO priorities.
The kit can be ordered with or with out Janco's subscription update service or any of the kit components can be ordered individually.