As the economy improves CIOs now have a new priorities
Top 10 CIO Priorities Defined as Economy expands have been identified by Janco in its on-going analysis of the IT Job Market.
With employment levels back to prior peak levels, CIO's now have a new set of top 10 concerns.
Updated with the latest CIO priorities
Top 10 CIO Priorities
The top 10 list was compiled by Janco Associates in concert with its on-going IT Salary Survey interviews. The top 10 priorities and concerns are the areas of focus for CIOs and enterprise priorities based on Janco's surveys:
- Work From Home Support - WFH is a viable option for many organizations and WFH support now is the top priority for over 90% of CIOs surveyed
- Blockchain, ERP, and Cloud Computing - This is the new hidden IT that is driving many new applications and is not under the complete control of the CIO and IT organization.
- Security and Hacking - as more instances of cyberattacks are identified CIOs are well aware that their jobs are at risk if this occurs under their watch
- Mobile Computing - BYOD and mobile applications are where users are looking for support in order to improve their bottom line results.
- Access Management - With the increase in access points to data and confidential enterprise assets there is a need for more enciphering and access protection.
- Compliance - With WFH and compliance requirements like GDPR for the EU more rules will have to be implemented with businesses which operate outside of the US.
- Identity Protection - With the availability of more information on individuals and enterprises there are more opportunities for bad actors to capture enough information that the can build profiles with can then be used in detriment to both individuals and enterprises.
- Staffing - Recruiting new staff is a much lower priority as companies re-open. Limited new development aside for WFH support and mobile computing is taking pace.
- Budget Management - There are two ways to control budgets. First spending can be limited. Second productivity can be improved both within IT and the operational units of an enterprise.
- Standardization and Integration Infrastructure - No longer are those interacting with the data and systems in a single location utilizing standard hardware and software. Records management, retention, and destruction as well as version control are just a few of the areas that CIOs need to manage and control.
Managing the CIO's Concerns
Janco has created a kit that contains tools which help an enterprise more easily manage each of the CIO concerns. The CIO Concern Management Toolkit is provided in MS WORD and PDF formats and includes the following:
- Security Manual Template
- How to Guide for Cloud Processing and Outsourcing
- IT Job Family Classification HandiGuide
- Over 270 Job Descriptions
- Interview and Hiring Guide
- Latest IT Salary Survey
- CIO IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle plus Electronic Forms
- Business and IT Impact Questionnaire
- Vulnerability and Threat Assessment Tool
The kit can be ordered with or with out Janco's subscription update service or any of the kit components can be ordered individually.