- Top 10 reasons that Disater Recovery and Business Continuity Plans Do Not Meet Compliance Requirements
- IT Job Descriptions Meet Compliance Requirements
Top 10 Reasons Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Plans Do Not Meet Compliance Requirements
Janco's Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template is the best choice for a framework to meet compliance objectives
Top 10 Reasons DR/BC Not Compliant - Compliance and business continuity management are closely inter-related. A company's disaster recovery and business continuity programs would be incomplete without covering compliance risks and without using compliance tools to mitigate risks. On the other hand, compliance management is a critical component of disaster recovery and business continuity. This is recognized by executive management's ensuring that integrity and regulatory compliance are achieved - alongside strategic, operations and reporting objectives as the key pillars of a corporate disaster recovery and business continuity programs.
Looking at compliance as an integral part of disaster recovery and business continuity, and at disaster recovery and business continuity as an integral part of compliance, helps companies to address a number of things they tend to do wrong in compliance. Here are ten areas where compliance often goes wrong:
- Not focusing on what matters most
- Not having sufficient C-Level executive direction
- Not integrating compliance into the company's Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity program and business operations
- Not providing a sufficient degree of independence
- Not seeking independent validation of compliance of disaster recovery and business continuity effectiveness
- Treating disaster recovery and business continuity compliance and as a box-ticking exercise
- Not planning for or testing for all contingencies
- Not providing sufficient training or materials for staffing
- Not allocating sufficient budget to keep plans current
- Picking a compliance standard that is not mature
Related Blog Posts
- Top 10 Reasons Why Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Plans Fail In the recession many organizations put disaster recovery and business continuity on the back burner. As a result those plans are not as functional as...
- 5 Errors many executives are making in Corporate Compliance 5 Errors many executives are making in Corporate Compliance Compliance is never easy and even the best make mistakes on occasion. But we can learn...
- Disaster Recovery Misconceptions Disaster Recovery - What are the major misconceptions when a disaster occurs with IT systems? Can your systems can not support your company's day-to-day operations?...
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Top 10 “Disaster Recovery and business continuity are all about being ready for everything. The question that every IT manager and CIO has to answer every day...
- Top 10 things business can do to minimize wildfire risks in business parks Top ten by Janco - Wildfire caused and increase business interruption risk as the number of companies that are located in business parks located in...
IT Position Descriptions Meet Compliance Requirements
ISO (including 27031), HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI, California SB 1386, and Cobit requirements are meet by Internet and IT Position Descriptions...
The Internet and IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide® was just completed and is over 660 pages; included are sample organization charts, a position progression matrix, and 243 IT position descriptions. The book also addresses Federal Standards, the ADA, and is in a new easier to read format.
You can get either the book with all of the position descriptions in PDF format or the book in PDF format and in MS WORD format, or just the description in MS WORD format.