BLS classifies four IT Jobs - they all are in the Job Descriptions HandiGuide
BLS adds "new" jobs to the IT category that have been in place for over ten years
BLS classifies four IT Jobs - they all are in the Job Descriptions HandiGuide - The latest Bureau of Labor Statistics' (BLS) additions to its classification of jobs has just released is for 2010. The CEO of Janco Associates said, "The four new IT positions that they have induced were definitely needed. However they are way behind the market. For example a BLS new position is Web developr. The web has been around now for over 20 years and in the public eye for at least 15 years. Now they add the job. "
Order IT Job Description HandiGuide Sample Description Download TOC
The BLS has added for IT jobs in its classification
- Information security Analyst - 72,670 jobs at a mean wage of $85,860
- Web developrs - 102,940 jobs at a mean wage of $63,560
- Computer network architects - 137,890 at a mean wage of $90,380
- Computer network support specialists - 167,980 jobs at a mean wage of $60,540
Having proper job descriptions has always been a good practice, because it helps management focus on the skills, background and knowledge necessary for an employee to perform the job.
A well-written job description is one of the best investments an organization can make because it can be used in so many ways, including job evaluation, performance appraisals, reorganization, training, development and career planning.
Written and standardized job descriptions are now a necessity because:
- They provide guidance to both the employee and the employer on what is expected and can be use in performance evaluations
- They provide protection from ADA lawsuits when the descriptions include a definition of the essential job functions
- They meet compliance requirements with federal, state and local laws and are the best proof that treatment of an employee or individual was related to ability and performance, and not because of a protected class
- Assistance in determining Exempt vs. Non-exempt status with a definition of the essential functions of the job in a job description, you can make a determination on whether a person should be exempt or not from minimum wage and overtime laws.
Order IT Job Descriptions Sample job Description Job Description Version History